Credentials, training, and experience truly set Childbirth Educators of Tallahassee classes apart. Staffed with the most innovative, up-to-date, most well-respected educators in the field, Childbirth Educators of Tallahassee strives to offer an informative and enjoyable experience for class participants.
Our lead educator, Melissa Harley has completed and continues to maintain certification status with an intensive, nationally recognized training and certification program, Lamaze International.
Some key highlights about Melissa’s credentials:
- Teaching Staff Contractor @ North Florida Women’s Care- 10 years
- Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator-12 years
- Certified Birth Doula- 14 years
- Awarded Advanced Birth Doula Certification- (2016)
- DONA Approved Doula Trainer (labor support professional)-7 years
- Taught 1000+ couples childbirth education
- Attended 100+ births in Tallahassee (since 2002)
- Trained 300+ doulas for DONA International
- Author- 2 essays for the Bearing Witness Book Series (Fox Women’s Books, 2010, 2012)
- Author- Supporting the Native American Family (Science and Sensibility-Childbirth Education, 2014)
- Author- Journal of Perinatal Education (JPE– book reviews (JPE 2007, 2009)
- Lamaze International Conference Committee Member (2016)
- DONA International Board Of Directors Member (2014-present)
- Attended 10+ birth-related International conferences
- Attended 6+ leadership conferences
- Attended Florida State University
- Mother of 2 lively and energetic teenagers, married 18+ years
- Loves the beach, red wine, and spending time with loved ones
The Lamaze childbirth education certification sets the highest standards for international childbirth educators, and LCCE educators have successfully passed an extensive exam. In addition, to remain Lamaze certified, educators maintain the highest level of attaining continuing education to remain current.
Additionally, our educator, Melissa, works daily in the field of childbirth and holds some of the most highly regarded childbirth related certifications.
Melissa is committed to staying current with research and advancements in childbirth that can help educate mothers-to-be and their families. Each year, she seeks out a variety of continuing education opportunities, attends international conferences, and trains with some of the best in the field to advance her knowledge and skills to teach quality childbirth classes.
Melissa loves helping families as they transition to life with a new baby, and welcomes parents to reach out to her with questions or to talk about class options.