In partnership with North Florida Women’s Care, Childbirth Educators of Tallahassee offers quality childbirth preparation classes by the area’s only nationally certified childbirth educators who have passed rigorous standards set by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
Why Attend Childbirth Classes?
- Learn what to expect at the end of your pregnancy
- Understand the process of birth
- Explore tools that might make you more comfortable during labor
- Learn labor support tools, and try them with your partner before labor
- Try various positions, with guidance from our educator
- Learn about your pain medication options
- Meet other expectant parents, you just might meet a new friend
- Build your confidence to help you feel more prepared for birth
- Connect as a family
Topics included in classes include:
- End of Pregnancy
- Normal Labor
- Comfort Measures
- Labor Support
- Positions for Labor
- Positions for Birth
- Communication with Medical Staff
Choices & Possible Interventions
- Labor Induction
- Pain Medication Options
- Epidural Procedure
- Routine Hospital Procedures
- Cesarean Birth
Other Topics Discussed
- Breastfeeding Baby
- Normal Newborn Behavior
- Normal Newborn Procedures
- Postpartum Emotions
- Postpartum Care for Mom
- Support After Birth
Our classes are intended to fully prepare parents-to-be for the entire birth experience. It is our goal at CET to help introduce parents to the normal process of labor and birth and to the many choices in childbirth that they have available. Our classes are designed to not only help families learn about the basics of the birth process, but to also help them feel more equipped for the journey.
Times and Location
Classes are conveniently located in the lobby of North Florida Women’s Care (1401 Centerville Rd #202, Tallahassee, FL 32308) and are offered on various nights through the week (M-TH). We also offer a 2-day weekend course and a 4-series(2/2) class 2 nights a week for 2 weeks. The class series includes a hospital tour, with the opportunity become more comfortable with the TMH labor and delivery unit.
The cost for our prepared childbirth class series is $115. Fees include a ticket into a class series for mom and one birthing partner. Friends/Family that are pregnant at the same time are welcome in class, however, both pregnant mothers must register for a space in class.
We are happy to assist in placing families into the class that they prefer. If you would like to register with another couple, or perhaps you need a specific class due to scheduling-just let us know and we will do our best to accommodate special requests.